Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"...he knows all the weak spots..."

The above quote is from one of my favorite movies, Luther.   A few days ago, I was driving to my mother's house and I had a feeling of horrible dread.  I felt the foul, cold breath of the devil on my neck reminding me of who I was.  I was reminded of the horrible things I had done to people in my life and how Satan had won at every turn when I tried to do things my way.  At that moment a song came over the radio, "Who I am Hates Who I've been" by Reliant K.  It reminded me that I am a new creation in Christ and that I am not alone.  I have been given a second chance by God more times then I can count.  I have recently been given second chances by a couple of friends that I cherish dearly. 

I am determined not to waste this chance.  I cannot rely on my own emotions and mental capabilities to give me a clear direction.  I have been wrong too many times in my life to depend on myself. 

Sorry for the short post, but there will be more coming.  I am on Spring Break, which gives me more time to work on my blog.  I will try to be more regular from now on. Many Apologies.

Quibbling Quandaries:
Who are the top 3 people in your life, right now?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite movie quote?
If the cost didn't matter, what is one thing you would like to do or own?

Interesting Illuminations:
What are your 5 wishes?
 - See previous Post. :)
If you could be anything for a week, what would it be? (And I do mean anything)
 - I would be a medical doctor.  It's my second choice in career and I have an aptitude for medicine.
What is your biggest stumbling block right now? How can it be overcome?
 - My biggest stumbling block is people and my interactions with them.  I screw up all the time.
What is your perspective on current culture?
 - Postmodernism is a big problem!

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! The Devil will often lie to us and say that we are too sinful, and therefore we are beyond God's love, or perhaps that God is not even in us because we are so bad. But the truth is "when I am weak, then I am strong". It's so comforting and amazing that God would glory in people like us.

    ReplyDelete