Friday, April 15, 2011

Doors to the Soul and windows to the mind

As I am writing this, I am at a poetry reading at my college.  It is so funny but also amazing to see what comes out of the minds of the people here.  You might ask if I am reading something tonight.  The answer is, no.  I am not going to read any of my poetry tonight.  Yes, I do write poetry. No, I will not read or publish any of it.  My poetry is very personal, and most of it is depressing.  I write a lot about unrequited love.  (It seems to be a theme in my life.) 

From the time I started writing, I would write a bit of poetry now and again.  I have my moods in which I write, and most of them are pretty depressing.  My greatest work, which is constantly being revised and will not be published until I die, if at all, is my take on Beauty and the Beast.  The Beauty is seen through the eyes of everyone and is known for her kindness as well as physical appearance.  The Beast is known to the social scene as the outcast, the loser, and very physically unattractive.  However, the Beast is a regular guy who doesn't conform to what others want him to be.  For this, he is looked upon as a Beast.  Also, he sees himself as a Beast.  He notices his flaws and many imperfections.  He uses them as an excuse to stay hidden from the world.

But I have told you enough.  I have written this in 4 books.  Each one a change in time and movement through the sands of their lives.  If you truly are interested, either comment or come talk to me.  I enjoy both.


One more thing, for those of you wondering.  Yes, my leg still hurts.  I pinched a nerve in my hip and it is very painful whenever I put a decent amount of pressure on it.  So please, don't worry about me, I'll heal in time.  Just shoot me a smile till then. :)

TI

No comments:

Post a Comment