Friday, November 25, 2011

Song of the Week: "Crush" by David Archuleta

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends out there!

I am on Thanksgiving break which means I have some more time to put a song or two on the blog.

This week's installment is a song by an American Idol hopeful, David Archuleta. In season 7 he finished as runner up.  This song climbed as high as number 2 on the charts and has sold almost a million copies of his self titled, debut album.  I have had this song on a playlist for some time now and it keeps getting stuck in my head.  Yes, I am still on my (slightly depressed) bent.  I have heard some not so good news about my great-grandma, so that just compounds on my already mental and emotional stress.  But Thanksgiving football always helps that, which it did on Wednesday night.  However, those who know me, know that I do push too hard sometimes and I did it again.  So I am a little banged up, but it is definitely worth the pain for the next couple of days.

Anywho, I have had a particular someone on my mind over the past couple of weeks and I wish I could talk to her about it, but she keeps giving me mixed signals and I am about as daft as it comes to relationships.  So, with that in mind I thought this song is slightly appropriate.

These types of songs infuriate me because of their rose colored look at love.  REAL LIFE DOES NOT WORK THIS WAY!!!!!  I am truly sick of song like this that give an unrealistic picture of love.  Love is hard work.  As I have said in a earlier post, love is a commitment followed by actions that are conducive to the support of that decision.  When a person wants out, they make a conscious decision that the other person, and their relationship with them is not worth the time and effort put into them.  Sorry, rant over.  

On the other hand, I am a hopeless romantic and wish life worked this way. (Yes, I truly am a paradox.) I love the whole love story thing. (Think Taylor Swift's "Love Story.")  Ya, I read Shakespeare, I wish it worked that way, and I am proud of it.  But my realistic side is eating me up right now.   Well, I have babbled enough.  Here is "Crush" by David Archuleta.


No comments:

Post a Comment