Sunday, November 13, 2011

Song of the Week: "Let it Rain" by David Nail

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being so long between posts.  I have been very busy with school, work, and all the other stuff I do around here.  This week's song is David Nail's "Let it Rain."

This song is an amazing confession of a man who cheats on his wife and realizes his sin.  He not only feels guilty, but confesses to his wife and shows willingness to accept any punishment given to him.  He is heartbroken to the point where he confesses, "Let it hurt, even more than I deserve."  He realizes the love he had, and the trifle he replaced it with.

I do not condone his action, but I can say that this song is a genuine refection of humanity.  We live in a fallen world and it is not an easy thing to live with.  I have felt this pain before.  Not to the same extent. (I am not married, currently have no girlfriend, and have never cheated on anyone.) But, I know what it is like to tell the person you love that you screwed up.  You put yourself at their mercy and pray that they forgive you.  I have seen both the good and the bad that can come from this type of confession. (I wish I had seen more of the good than the bad.)  This is why I must emphasize forgiveness as much as I can.  (Theologian coming out)  Christ has shown us forgiveness, why must we not do the same?  Do we have an excuse?  No.  (Look at the book of Hosea if you want a deeper picture.)   This betrayal is at the heart of our corruption as human beings.  His forgiveness should lead to our forgiveness.  Here is David Nail's "Let it Rain."

WARNING:  The images are slightly suggestive and should not be viewed by anyone who can't deal with the sexual nature of this song.



Some people have asked why I pick the songs I do.

To tell the truth, It really depends on my mood, and if I think the song is catchy.  This song comes from my current time of sickness, and heartbroken-ness. No, I did not break up with anyone.  No, I am not in a relationship.  I am, however, feeling lonely and would like to ask a woman out, but I know that she has no intention of being attracted to me.  (It's complicated)  There are other reasons, but these are the major ones that have lead me to listen to sappy love songs and the sorrowful hope of unrequited love.

Promising to post next week after my trip to San Francisco,

TI

No comments:

Post a Comment