Saturday, February 12, 2011

Successful Failings

Here's a special treat.  2 post in 2 days! Don't get used to it.

In my first blog post I claimed I was an over age college student.  I can hear the outcries now, "You are never to old to go back to school!"  The truth is, I never left.  This is my 6th year of college.  I set out in August of 2005 at a little known college in Iowa.  I was bright eyed and eager to learn.  Yet, as I progressed through school, I learned some very hard lessons.  I learned that teachers lie and students are gullible enough to believe it.  I also learned that private schools are just as sympathetic as public schools.  To a certain extent, less so than public schools.  I was run out of my old school on a rail.

I was decried as a heretic in 3 of my classes.  It could have been more, but these were the ones that I remember.  I was the one person that always sat alone in class.  I was the lone student in the corner that would challenge the teacher.  This got me glares from not only the teacher but also the students around me.  In the movie Expelled by Ben Stein, he opens it up as the one student that questions the teacher.  This leads the class to thinking critically about what the teacher was saying and leads to some disapproving stares at the teacher.  The difference between the movie and my situation was the reaction of the class.  I would regularly get stared down by all the students in the class as well.  This led to me doing a rather inflammatory project that aired the dirty laundry of the college, and eventually led to my dismissal from that institution.

But the fun doesn't end there, in the past I have worked in multiple industries, ranging from private security to food service.  The only jobs I didn't get fired from were my security job(I was freelance till the work dried up) and being a delivery driver at Pizza Hut(I left to go back to school).  I was told by many people, including my parents, that I was supposed to do something great.  So far I have failed at anything resembling a normal life or some type of success in the world.  My most stable job was working for the local Census Bureau over the summer.  In life, many people see me as a failure.  I can't help thinking the same, sometimes.

However, the story does not end there.  Now that you know a little about my past, my present and future will be on display in the up coming posts.

Quibbling Quandaries:
When you still have feelings for someone, how long do you wait to tell them?
When you have a wonderful moment of "open mouth, insert foot" do you honestly tell the people involved, or try to wait and see what develops?
What do you do when a friend gets between you and your significant other?
When is it okay to lie to a friend?
Is a massive cover up okay to protect a friend?

 Interesting Illuminations:
Why do women think that bugging their guy friends is cute?
           - It's an attention thing.  Many times it's just frustrating to the guy.
Do "no strings attached" relationships really have "no strings attached?"
         - Bull! There is no way a "no strings attached" relationship has no strings attached.  A relationship deals with the whole person.  It ties up a person emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually.  If you want more of the reasoning behind this, comment please.
Who's job is education? How does he/she/they do it?
         - 3 places: Church, Home, School.  In thought, desire, and deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment