Saturday, September 24, 2011

1 foot, 2 feet,... how many more to go? None.

Open mouth, insert foot.  It seems to a common saying around me these days.  My words get me into trouble.  Even when I think about what I say, it seems that my tone is such that they are taken wrong, or if it is written, that it is instantly a bad thing.  I can't seem to get two words out without one of them coming back to bite me in the bum.  Earlier this year I had a relationship end.  It was very hard for me because I was very attached to her.  Even to this day I think she has had a lasting impact.  We decided that we would try to stay friends because we still loved hanging out with one another and could still benefit from being friends.

Well, I guess this changed.  A couple of days ago I posted something that took me a long time to come to grips with.  I did some deep soul searching and wrote about what I found.  Sadly, all was not well received.  My ex decided that my wording was very offensive and decided to let me know about it.  I hope that my words have not ruined a friendship that was very beneficial. 

To this end I have decided to limit my postings on my blog.  I will no longer be posting anything personal, and you will probably not be seeing a rant on here for a long time.  I will continue to post songs and I will try to post writings from time to time.  If this does not go well, or I simply do not have time, I may be shutting down the blog for good.  Sadly this pushes my blog into a realm of disconnectedness and coldness that I would have rather avoided. 

It is so hard these days to say what you think and not get hurt for it.  I don't have a close friend that I can tell all these things to.  Many of my friends are connected with the people that are threatening me.  So far I have received threats of bodily harm, economic harm, mental repercussions, and even a few death threats.  Words have power.  I just wish people would talk instead of having knee-jerk reactions to everything that is said.

In short, I am sorry if anything I have said is offensive to any of my readers.  I never meant for it to be taken that way. I only hope that things can be repaired. 

With a heavy heart and lots of homework,
TI (Josh)

No comments:

Post a Comment