Saturday, September 3, 2011

Song of the Week: The Fray "You Found Me"

Hi to all my people in the interwebs!

This week's installment is focused on the song "You Found Me" by The Fray.  I love the music video because I am enamored with my home city of Chicago, and that is where it was filmed.  Another reason I like this song is because of the double meanings about both relationships and God.

The song is from the perspective of a person that was brought to God.  The point is not that the person found God, but that God brought the person to himself.  He was waiting and working to bring the person to him.  And it takes some bad circumstances to get things to drive the person to God.  The relationship fails, the man is left on the floor, and life is figuratively going down the crapper.  This leads the man to turn to the only solid thing left in life, God.    God looks like he has only been waiting, but he has actually been working all along.  Also, notice the name of the roads that God is standing on the corner of, 1st and Amistad.

Amistad is the Spanish word for freedom.  When the man comes to God, it is a liberating experience.  Freedom from the sorrow that encompasses his life is what he gains from finally coming to God.  I hope you enjoy this song and the video as much as I do.  Without further ado, here is "You Found Me" by The Fray.


No comments:

Post a Comment