Thursday, September 22, 2011

Song of the Week: Sanctus Real "Forgiven"

Hey Y'all!

This week's song of the week is by Sanctus Real. The Song is "Forgiven."

The band's name means "True Holiness."  They are a Christian crossover band, much like Skillet.

This song has been at the top of my playlist for some time now , and it is so fun listen to.  The message is amazing!  All the issues, problems, screw-ups, sins, and foul ups that you or I have committed are gone.  This is the message of Christianity:  We are Redeemed and Forgiven.  I hope the message speaks to you as it has spoken to me: we are forgiven and the weight of who we were is lifted.  We are not who we were.  We were bought with a price and have life through him.  My favorite lines in this song are: "When I don’t measure up to much in this life, Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ."  Even when we mess up, we are still loved.  Nothing!  Let me say that again, NOTHING we ever do, can rip us from the arms of Christ.  Even on our worst day, we repent and are loved by the unyielding power of God.  Praise him from whom all blessings flow!  Without further ado, "Forgiven" by Sanctus Real.


No comments:

Post a Comment