Thursday, June 9, 2011

Song of the Day: When a Heart Breaks - Ben Rector


Hi all.

The second installment of Song of the Day is Ben Rector's "When a Heart Breaks."  This song is one that has been in my mind for a long time.  I love the sad melody in this song and it reminds me of many things that have happened.  The only problem I have with the song is the line "You don't need Jesus, 'til you're here."  While I know that is not true, it gives me pause to think, "When do we truly engage our God?"  This past semester at school, I have truly known what it means to be in the valley of the shadow of death.  This line has a bite of truth in it where many people don't truly appreciate God unless he is helping us.  It is our deepest periods of humility, where all we can do is cry to the Lord in anguish, that bring us to the feet of our Father.  While that shouldn't be our prime motivator, it too often is. 

Well, I have to go, but I have many more songs where these came from.  Talk to y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment